Friday 10 August 2007

Hobble

Now I remember why I stopped playing football regularly. Damn injuries.
Was playing fives last night and have knackered my ankle. Went in for a heavy challenge (the guy had been niggling at me earlier in the game) but unfortunately it was me that came of worst. Guess I should follow the lessons of My Name Is Earl more closely. Ankle gave way and went right over on it. Couldn't walk this morning so couldn't make it to work, have had to lie on the sofa with my foot up all day. It sounds a good way to spend the day but it's actually quite restrictive. It's painful everytime I have to hobble anywhere even when I'm using an umbrella for a walking stick. Still it gave me time to finally watch the Hibs CIS cup final winning dvd, first time I had watched the game in full. Was just as good as I remembered from the day.
Let's hope it's better for tomorrow. I don't mind missing work but there is no way I want to miss the Hibs game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is called getting old!