Saturday 4 August 2007

False Alarm

Some recommendations for you:

Book
The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko
I occasionallylike a good supernatural/fantasy novel and this one is excellent. It's probably easier to click on the link to read the blurb rather than have me try to detail the plot. I'd watched the film based on this book about a year ago and really enjoyed it. There was a quote on the book which said the film feels like a trailer for the book so I decided to buy it and wasn't disappointed. There are more books in the series so I'm looking forward to them.

Album
Thirst For Romance by Cherry Ghost
I'd heard good things about this album and bought it after hearing a couple of tracks on a listening post. I'm trying not to buy that many cd's at the moment so that I can save money for Uni therefore. Thankfully Thirst For Romance is a great album, sounds a bit like a rockier Richard Hawley with a bit of a country edge.

Film
Stranger Than Fiction
A film in the same vein as Being John Malkovich. Will Ferrell realises someone is narrating his life and sets to find out who it is. I really enjoyed this, a very interesting plot and some good performances especially from Ferrell doing a straight role for a change.

No comments: