Monday 23 July 2007

Ring

Do you want to know what really grinds my gears? (thought it would be nice to pay homage to the simpsons on the week of the film release)
Call centres being permanently busy. Due to the fact I have been moving, I have had to phone a lot of call centres for address updates etc. However every time I phone, I'm told that there is an unusually high volume of calls at the moment. I'm then on hold for about 10 minutes with the same message being repeated every so often. It doesn't seem to matter which company I phone, what day or what time of the day I call, the call volume is still unusually high.
At what point does the unusually high call volume become the norm and the company realises it needs to hire more staff? Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you never answer the phone to your customers you are eventually going to alienate them.
The worst were BT ironically, you'd think they would know about telephones. I was getting told to call back between 1pm and 4pm when it would be less busy. Of course the fact I was phoning at 2pm just didn't seem to register.

No comments: